Books & Articles
Films, Television Shows, & Other Videos
Resources for Black Healing
Resources for Allyship and Solidarity
For Caregivers and Educators: Raising Anti-Racist Children
Don't know where to start?
Here are some recommendations that have helped our staff team grow!
- God of the Oppressed by James H. Cone
- The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson
- A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King Jr.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Native by Kaitlin B. Curtice
- Rediscipling the White Church by David W. Swanson
- Homegoing - Yaa Gyasi
- The NYT 1619 Project by Nikole Hannah-Jones
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
- How to be An AntiRacist by Ibram X Kendi
- Dear White Christians: For Those Still Longing for Racial Reconciliation by Jennifer Harvey
Multiple Staff Members Mentioned
- I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness - Austin Channing Brown
- The Color of Compromise by Jemar Tisby
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- The Cross and the Lynching Tree by James H. Cone
Staff Recommendations for Families
Books & Articles
framework adapted from Nate Lee
All links were compiled from Christian and secular sources by a collaboration of Highrock church staff in Arlington, Cambridge, Lexington, MetroWest and Quincy; through Zoom discussions; from social media; or sourced from other public master lists including #GeorgeFloyd Resource Compilation, Anti-Racism Resources for White People, Books & Media for Beginning Conversations on Race & Diversity, Anti-Racist Allyship Starter Pack, Evangelical Covenant Church's Love Mercy Do Justice, Asian Christians for Black Lives Resources, Highrock Acton, Quest Church, Nate Lee, and Kelly Ladd Bishop. Thank you to those who have poured out their time, energy, and passion into making these resources available. May we learn well.
To submit your suggestions/feedback or to report a broken link, please contact Eva (firstname.lastname@example.org).